As an Ofsted registered Childminder I am very aware of my role in keeping your child safe. Whilst children need to mix with other children and adults, it is my responsibility to ensure the suitability of those that they come into contact during minded hours. I have therefore written the following policy regarding visitors in my setting during my minded hours.
- I will not leave a minded child in a room alone with a visitor, unless I know they have been CRB cleared, for example another Ofsted Registered Childminder.
- I will not allow any visitors to take my minded children to the toilet or change their nappies.
- I will request identification from all visitors not known to me and will refuse entry if I am unsure of them.
- I will endeavour, when possible, to arrange for any maintenance work to my property to be carried out at weekends and during non-minding hours.
- I will maintain a visitors’ book which is available for you to look at.
Policy created- 14.1.18
Reviewed date- 31.12.18