I will discuss with you in detail the sleep routines you have established for your baby and how I can best accommodate them into my own routine and working day as I may have school runs and pre-school pickups to include. These discussions will need to be on going as the sleep needs of your baby will change as s/he grows and develops.
As a working parent you too need your sleep so it is vital that I work in partnership with you to provide a sleep routine for your child that fits your requirements. I will need to know how many naps your child normally has, for how long and at what times during the day.
- When is the latest I can let your child sleep until without it affecting their night-time routine?
- Do you want me to wake your baby after a certain length of time or can I let him/her sleep on?
- What routine do you have to settle your child?
- Do they have a dummy or comforter?
- Where does your baby prefer to sleep?
I will regularly check your baby when s/he is sleeping, in person. I will note these and the total time slept in your child’s daily diary.
If you ever have any concerns over your child’s sleeping routine, please do discuss them with me and we can make arrangements to change times etc if necessary.
Policy created- 14.1.18
Reviewed date- 1.1.2022