Children can have great fun using a paddling pool and it can also support their development in a variety of ways. However, there are safety issues when children play with water and I have therefore put the following procedures in place:
- Children will never be left unsupervised with water
- If a child needs the toilet, there is a potty outside. If they will not use the potty, then all children will come out of the pool and come inside with me.
- If the doorbell rings, there is a notice on the front door to come to the back gate. All the children will come out of the pool and come to the back gate with me
- I will take my phone outside with me
- I will take enough towels and spare clothes outside
- The pool will be immediately emptied when not in use
- The pool will be refilled each day when in use
- I will support the children to learn about water safety
- I will never make a child go into the pool if they don’t want to but will provide activities they can do in the pool area
- I request that parents inform if their child has a verruca on their foot so measures can be put in place to prevent them from spreading
- If toddlers and babies are in nappies, I will request parents provide some form of swimming nappy to prevent the pool from becoming contaminated
- Emergency procedures are in place and I maintain my first aid certificate
If you have any concerns regarding your child using the paddling pool, please discuss them with me.
Policy created- 14.1.18
Reviewed date- 31.12.18